My Nikon Equipment
© Photo by christianyves
Taken3 years ago
DescriptionThis is my current Nikon setup which allows me to cover whatever I need for my fashion, commercial and wedding photography shoots.
From left to right:
1. Nikon D700 with 50mm f/1.4G AF-S and MB-D10 battery grip attached - this combination can do no wrong. I shoot with a second EN-EL3e in the grip for weddings and events or when in a studio environment or 8 NiMHs (Sanyo Eneloops) for burst shooting action and getting motion in my fashion shoots. The 50mm f/1.4G is my street and travel lens. The D700's high ISO sensitivity and f/1.4 make it a winner in any light.
2. Pocket Wizard Plus II transceiver (on camera and below) - I went with the Pocket Wizards because I could afford them otherwise I would have gone with the CyberSyncs. Frankly, I couldn't say no to the Pocket Wizards because they're standard fare for a lot of other photographers that do what I do.
3. Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G AF-S - my workhorse lens--this is the reason I went with Nikon after shooting Canon when I went digital years ago. Nothing else compares.
4. Nikon 16-35mm f/4G VR - for shooting receptions in dim light and making shorter models look taller or have longer legs. Yes it has super strong distortion at 16mm but I don't care and neither do my clients. Dark, candlelit church at f/4? Really? The VR works wonders and is a lifesaver when you've only got seconds to capture the environment before having to switch to your 70-200mm for the walk down the aisle out the church.
5. Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8G VR II - the reduced working distance makes this my second go-to lens especially for fashion shoots. Sharp, sharp, sharp, and, well, sharp. Focus breathing? Again, not an issue for me. I work within my equipment's limitations, not get bogged down with it. Glad I returned my old VRI and held off on a pro tele until this came in the market.
Missing from this shot is the SB-900 which was shot into a white, shoot thru collapsible umbrella from Westcott mounted on a Manfrotto 5001b (nano) lightstand.
I set the SB-900 to fire manually in SU-4 mode and used the Canon S90's built-in flash to trigger it.
I think the only thing missing for me right now would be that 24mm f/1.4 and the rumored 85mm f/1.4G AF-S. My Nikon holy trinity would be the 24mm f/1.4, 50mm f/1.4 and the 85mm f/1.4. Nikon porngasmic!
porn, gear, equipment, camera, Wizard, VRII, VR2, Transceiver, SB-900, S90, Pocket, Plus, Nikon, MB-D10, D700, Canon, AF-S, 70-200mm, 70-200, 24-70mm, 16-35mm